In 1952 the remarkable series of R-Type Bentleys on the "Continental" chassis was introduced. This new, high-speed Bentley was supplied with lightweight, swept-tail coachwork by H. J. Mulliner. It became known as the "120 Mile-an-Hour Car" until some of the later issue were encumbered with heavier coachwork components, lessening performance to some degree. A few of the R-Type Continental Bentley chassis were fitted with particularly attractive convertibles and coupes by Park Ward, and some closed bodies by other coachbuilders including Franay. By 1954, the Continental's engine capacity was increased to 4887 cc. Bore and stroke were 3 1/4 by 4 1/2 inches and compression ratio was 7.25 to 1. The last R-Type Continental was chassis BC9E, and the final standard R-Type was B250ZY. Production for standard R-Types numbered 2,230. Only 208 of the great R-Type Continentals were constructed.